Protect Kids Not Guns
This is and will always remain a FREE pattern.
If you live in America it can be easy to feel defeated and hopeless with the amount of gun violence in our communities. “Protect Kids Not Guns” is the beginning of a series of free activism knit patterns I am working on to help give knitters a way to speak out and show support for important issues. As you knit this banner I suggest meditating on the lives lost and tragedies our country has faced due to gun violence. Then, I encourage you to find a thoughtful way to use your banner to spread a little love and engage others in your community to support gun reform!
• Approximately 10.5” / 25.5 cm wide by 8” / 20.5 cm tall
• 24 sts and 27 rows over 4” / 10 cm in stockinette st worked flat and blocked
• Fingering Weight wool yarn (I suggest cheerful colors for Needles:
the greatest impact)
• MC (blue): Approximately 85 yards / 78 meters
• CC1 (purple): Approximately 15 yards / 14 meters
• CC2 (pink): Approximately 25 yards / 23 meters
• Size 3 (3.25 mm) 20” / 51 cm needles or size needed to obtain gauge
• Suggest sizing up 1 or 2 size needles for color work section for even tension
Send a Protect Kids Not Guns banner along with a letter urging your senator to support gun reform legislation. Find your senator here: https://www.senate.gov/senators/
Gather your friends and organize a craftivism group! Knit Protect Kids Not Guns banners together, plan and organize events and rallys for gun reform in your community.
Hang Protect Kids Not Guns banners in public places around your town where they can be seen and generate conversation/ encourage others to get involved to create change.
Sew your banner onto a sweater or sign to wear/ bring along to a protest.
Knit and sell Protect Kids Not Guns banners to raise money for an organization working for gun reform Some organizations you might want to support are: Everytown for Gun Safety Moms Demand Action Sandy Hook Promise